CEPA is one of the leading cost assessment firms and we have supported a wide range of public and private sector clients in the UK and internationally.
The scope of our cost assessment expertise is broad. It includes:
- relative efficiency benchmarking using econometrics techniques;
- development of special cost factor claims to support business plan submissions;
- detailed bottom-up review and critique of company business plans;
- forecasting input price pressures relative to general inflation (i.e., real price effects);
- assessment of productivity improvements over time (i.e., ongoing efficiency);
- cost assessment input data preparation and analysis; and
- supporting companies and regulators during the price review process.
The context of different sectors is an important consideration when conducting cost assessment as it means that a 'one-size-fits-all' approach is unlikely to be appropriate in most cases. We use our extensive experience across multiple sectors to offer bespoke advice and recommendations that can stand up to critical scrutiny from other stakeholders. This is why our clients turn to CEPA again and again to address challenging cost assessment problems.
Regulatory cost assessment & efficiency News & insights
Vacancy for a Senior Consultant: financial economics / regulatory finance
CEPA is seeking an exceptional individual to join its London office as a Senior Consultant, supporting the firm's work in financial economics and regulatory finance.
Owner/operator of Ireland’s gas network receives decision about its allowable revenue
The Commission for Regulation of Utilities, Ireland’s independent energy and water regulator, has published its decision about Gas Networks Ireland’s (GNI) current price control, which sets out the revenues GNI can collect from its customers over a five-year period.
CEPA supports water, regulatory finance and global health practices with promotions to its partnership
Join us in congratulating Tom Cochrane and Kaveri Kumar on their recent promotions to the firm’s partnership. They join CEPA’s existing global Partners to lead a growing team of more than 50 economic, public and financial policy consulting experts.