CEPA’s work in the infrastructure sector in emerging markets seeks to support efficient, equitable and sustainable development of infrastructure. This includes leveraging private sector participation and financing through tailored models that are suited to local conditions and government/ regional objectives.
Our work in this sector covers the following broad themes:
- Design and implementation for innovative special purpose vehicles to support infrastructure project preparation and financing, encompassing global, regional and country specific facilities.
- Infrastructure market studies and project strategy design for donors and investors.
- Strategic reviews and evaluations of donor interventions supporting private sector participation in infrastructure.
- Advisory support on sub-sovereign infrastructure development, including enabling environment and market reviews, development of investment/ financing policies and project pipeline assessments.
- Design of interventions to remove market failures and improve project bankability, including financing and subsidy mechanisms such as Output Based Aid (OBA).
- Project transaction advisory support for governments and the private sector, including feasibility assessments, structuring and financing. Development of key knowledge/ reference products on a range of infrastructure and municipal finance issues.
Our staff bring to bear their diverse experience in this area, including in corporate and project finance, project development, multilateral agencies, consultancy, academia, and the public sector.
Our clients in international infrastructure span from international donors and investors to regional development agencies and governments. They include but are not limited to:
- The World Bank Group
- Commonwealth Secretariat
- UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Economic Community of West Africa States (ECOWAS)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA)
- Public Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF)
- USAID Global Partnership for Output Based Aid
Examples of our work in international infrastructure include: