CEPA staff are drawn from leading international banks, consultancies, international financial institutions, private sector developers and academia. We have extensive experience and expertise across a range of issues in economics, finance and public policy, and specifically:
- Micro and macro economics
- Corporate and project finance
- Public policy design and implementation
- Economic regulation and competition policies
- Financial and business modelling
William Rickett C.B.
William is a former civil servant with a Whitehall career of 15 years. He currently works at a senior level in the private sector.
Professor David Newbery
David is one of CEPA’s founders. He is an Emeritus Professor of Applied Economics at the University of Cambridge.
Ian is a Director at CEPA. He is a regulatory economist with over 20 years experience in developing regulatory regimes, supporting regulators and companies in price reviews and options for private sector participation.
Mark joined CEPA as a full-time Director in May 2002 after more than 10 years in the consultancy practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Charles is a Director at CEPA and an investment and finance expert with over 15 years experience gained in consultancy, private equity and venture capital. He joined CEPA in January 2006.
Director, CEPA Pty
Jonathan is a Director at CEPA Pty and head of our Sydney office. He was formerly a director of CEPA from 2003-04.
Kirby is a Director at CEPA. He has been an adviser to both private-sector and public-sector clients in the areas of energy and infrastructure development, economics, regulation and competition, for over twenty-five years.
Patrick is one of CEPA's directors having joined the firm in 2007. He is an experienced regulatory and financial economist having worked for governments, industry regulators and utility companies across the UK and Europe.
Gaynor is an Associate Director at CEPA. She joined in 2011 having spent 20 years working in the rail industry.
- Richard Gleed Senior AdvisorRichard is a Senior Advisor with CEPA, focusing on regulatory issues in financial services.Eric Groom PSM Senior AdvisorEric works from CEPA’s Australia office as a Senior Advisor. He has over 35 years’ experience as an economist with a focus on regulation, energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emission reduction.
- Kate Mingay Senior AdvisorKate is a Senior Advisor at CEPA with over twenty years of corporate finance and related commercial experience in infrastructure.Julian Schweitzer Senior AdvisorJulian is a Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow at the Results for Development Institute with over 30 years’ experience in global health and development.
- Richard Rodger Head of MarketingRichard is responsible for CEPA's marketing, communications and business development.Cheryl Baum PrincipalCheryl joined CEPA in 2015 as a Principal. She has many years of experience in economic and policy consulting, specialising in project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Joel Cook PrincipalJoel is a Principal at CEPA and has been heading up CEPA's office in Sydney, Australia since May 2015. He is an experienced economist having worked for numerous private sector and public clients relating to regulated utilities.Attila Hajos PrincipalAttila is a Principal at CEPA, having joined in 2014. Attila is a specialist in the energy sector.
- Kaveri Kumar PrincipalKaveri is a Principal at CEPA, where she manages our Global Health practice. Her expertise is in strategy development and review as well as evaluations of global health partnerships and their programmes.Michael Obanubi PrincipalMichael is a Principal at CEPA having joined the firm in 2008. During his time at CEPA Michael has worked across CEPA Sectors.
- Ivan Viehoff PrincipalIvan joined CEPA as a Principal in 2014 with over 25 years of economic consulting experience at Booz & Co and NERA.Tom Cochrane Managing ConsultantTom is a Managing Consultant at CEPA. Since joining in 2009 he has provided economic, financial and regulatory advice.
- Fernando Dominguez Managing ConsultantFernando joined CEPA as a Managing Consultant in 2016. He has ten years of experience as a regulation and competition economist, specialising in the regulated network industries.Paget Fulcher Managing ConsultantPaget joined CEPA in 2008. He is a Managing Consultant specialising in economic regulation and public policy analysis.
- Alice Gilbert Managing ConsultantAlice is a Managing Consultant at CEPA, working within CEPA's Global Health Sector.Ben Shafran Managing ConsultantBen is an experienced regulatory economist and manager. He has worked in both the UK and Australia on energy regulation. Prior to re-joining CEPA, Ben was Policy Director at the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC).
- Kaylyn Fraser Senior ConsultantKaylyn is a Senior Consultant at CEPA, with project work predominantly focused on agriculture and infrastructure in Africa and Asia.Emmanuella Gentzoglanis Senior ConsultantEmmanuella joined CEPA as a Senior Consultant in 2017. She has worked extensively in the energy and water sectors in the UK, Canada and France and has expertise in economic regulation, policy and strategy.
- Lewis Heather Senior ConsultantLewis joined CEPA as a Senior Consultant in 2016. He has expertise performing economic analysis and designing policy across the electricity and gas market supply chains.Nick Hodges Senior ConsultantNick is a Senior Consultant at CEPA who has experience in regulation, working across sectors in providing economic and financial advice.
- David Jones Senior ConsultantDavid is a Senior Consultant at CEPA, and has provided financial modelling, advice and analysis since joining in 2009.Ian Johnson Senior ConsultantIan is a Senior Consultant who joined CEPA in 2013, with a background in finance and economics. He is working across CEPA sectors.
- Ella Pybus Senior ConsultantElla joined CEPA in 2016 as a Senior Consultant. She has a background in corporate planning and financial analysis, with experience across the Australian, Malaysian and UK energy sectors.Andrei Vladareanu Senior ConsultantAndrei is a Senior Consultant at CEPA. He is working on a range of projects across CEPA sectors and service lines.
- Leandro Arias AssociateLeandro joined CEPA as a Managing Consultant in 2012 and is now a CEPA Associate Advisor, working from Buenos Aires.Matthew Cooper AssociateMatthew is a health economist with extensive experience of undertaking qualitative and quantitative analysis for reviews/evaluations and other assignments related to communicable diseases.
- Robert Bagnall ConsultantRobert has worked across CEPA sectors since joining CEPA in September 2013. His background is in Development Economics.Oliver Bubb-Humfryes ConsultantOliver is a Consultant at CEPA having joined in 2014. He works across CEPA’s global health and regulation practices.
- Paul Grimal ConsultantPaul joined CEPA in 2014. He is a Consultant specialising in economic and public policy analysis. His work focuses on the energy and international sectors in the UK and abroad.Laura Grobicki ConsultantLaura joined CEPA as a Consultant in 2016 and works mainly within CEPA’s Global Health sector.
- Marie-Alix Prat ConsultantMarie-Alix joined CEPA in 2016 as a Consultant. She specializes in water and sanitation economics in developing countries.Margaret Riach ConsultantMargaret is a Consultant at CEPA and is working on projects across CEPA sectors and service lines.
- Catherine Doulache EconomistCatherine joined CEPA as an Economist in 2015 working across CEPA’s sector areas.Hugo Edwards EconomistHugo joined CEPA in 2016 with a background in environmental and health economics. He is an Economist working across all sectors.
- James Gillingham EconomistJames joined CEPA in 2016. He has a background in macroeconomic research, economic development and transport policy in the UK.Daniel Mitchell EconomistDaniel is an Economist at CEPA with a background in econometrics and economics. He joined CEPA in 2015 and is working across all sector areas within CEPA.
- Chelsea Osinchuk EconomistChelsea joined CEPA in 2015 as an Economist. She works across all CEPA sector areas.Emily Sprake EconomistEmily joined CEPA in 2016 as an Economist. She works across all CEPA sector areas.
- Amanda Sharp Logistics ManagerAmanda provides administrative support and is a key contact for office management.Rakhee Pabari Finance and Operations ManagerRakhee supports the executive team at CEPA with the management of all day to day operational and financial responsibilities at the company.