CEPA is a mid-sized, international consulting business, which has its headquarters in central London. The firm's work focusses on several core sectors including health, agriculture, energy, transport, water and sanitation across emerging markets and the UK. The team comprises public policy specialists and economists, who provide consultancy and advisory services to international organisations, governments and the private sector.
Our Global Health team works with key health organisations including the World Health Organisation (WHO), Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, UNITAID, The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH), the Stop TB Partnership, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), amongst others. We provide consulting services in the areas of evaluations and strategic reviews, policy and technical advice, health commodity dynamics and market access, health systems strengthening and health financing.
We are looking to recruit an experienced consultant in global health – a full-time position to be based in our London office.This is a senior role, to lead and/ or manage our consultancy projects, new business development through tender submissions and marketing, as well as practice work planning and development. The position would entail, at times, working at client sites as well as international travel.
The role and key responsibilities
- Lead and/ or manage the delivery of our Global Health projects, including leading and/ or playing a senior role in the development of the methodology, analysis, stakeholder engagement, and report writing.
- Support new business development, including through preparation of tender responses, marketing activities and management of client relationships.
- Manage teams for project delivery, including coaching and supervision of junior team members.
- Support engagement and consultations with clients and key actors in the international health architecture (in-person and remote).
- Lead country visits and assessments in low/ middle income countries (particularly Sub Saharan Africa and Asia).
- Contribute to practice strategy and business planning, through engagement with the practice lead and senior management.
Qualifications and experienceWe are looking for someone with 8+ years of experience and a post graduate degree in the subject areas of public health, economics and/ or public policy. We may be flexible on the years of experience based on the candidate’s profile.
Ideal candidates should have the following background:
- Experience in advising and working with donor organisations, global health partnerships, international consultancies and/ or governments in strategy and programme development, evaluations, research and analysis on topical health issues.
- Experience working in one or more health sub-sectors e.g. RMNCH, communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, immunisation, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of key health issues facing developing countries, including preferably multi-country knowledge and/ or experience.
- A good understanding of the international health architecture and ongoing policies and priorities.
- Management skills, including ability to manage, motivate and develop small teams of professionals.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An interest in public policy and international development.
- Candidates must have the on-going legal right to work in the UK.