CEPA is a mid-sized, international consulting business, which has its headquarters in central London. The firm's work focusses on several core sectors including health, agriculture, energy, transport, water and sanitation across emerging markets and the UK. The team comprises public policy specialists and economists, who provide consultancy and advisory services to international organisations, governments and the private sector.
Our Global Health team works with key health organisations including the World Health Organisation (WHO), Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, UNITAID, The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH), the Stop TB Partnership, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), amongst others. We provide consulting services in the areas of evaluations and strategic reviews, policy and technical advice, health commodity dynamics and market access, health systems strengthening and health financing.
We are looking to recruit a consultant in global health – a full-time position to be based in London.
The role and key responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the delivery of our Global Health projects, across our range of clients.
- Support new business development, including through identifying new opportunities and preparing tender responses.
- Support engagement and consultations with clients and key actors in the international health architecture (in-person and remote).
- Participate in country visits and assessments in low/ middle income countries (particularly Sub Saharan Africa and Asia).
- Contribute to practice management in general.
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for someone with 3+ years of experience and a post graduate degree in the subject areas of public health, economics and/ or public policy. We may be flexible on the years of experience based on the candidate’s profile.
Candidates should have the following background:
- Experience in advising and working with donor organisations, global health partnerships, international consultancies and/ or governments in strategy and programme development, evaluations, research and analysis on topical health issues.
- Experience working in one or more health sub-sectors e.g. RMNCH, communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, immunisation, etc., with country-level experience in health programmes.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An interest in public policy and international development.
Candidates must have the on-going legal right to work in the UK